daily meal

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Garlic & Rosemary Roasted Potatoes

As a part of the Comfort Food Fest on FN Dish, each week, I will be posting a new "comfort food" recipe using the ingredient assigned for that week.  This week, the ingredient was potatoes! Now, once I saw that we had to use potatoes, my mind immediately went to mashed potatoes, potato skins, scalloped potatoes, twice baked potatoes, and so many more scrumptious ideas.  There are just so many comfort foods that you can make using potatoes! However, after much deliberation, I decided to go with a simple roasted potato recipe that I always bust out when I need an easy side dish to go with my meals.  Plus, I love the smell of the rosemary and garlic roasting in the oven!

Garlic & Rosemary Roasted Potatoes 

Ingredients:
-1 2lb bag of mini red or yellow potatoes
-1/4 cup olive oil
-1 tablespoon of minced garlic cloves
-2 sprigs of Rosemary finely chopped (I prefer fresh rosemary, but when I don't have it, I just use my dried up rosemary from the store)
-Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Make sure to rinse off any dirt from your potatoes and then cut the potatoes in half and in quarters.  Place the cut potatoes in a bowl and pour the olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and rosemary over them.  Toss all together so that the potatoes are all evenly coated with the oil and seasoning.

Then, transfer the potatoes to a pan, place in the oven, and bake for about 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.  Make sure that you flip the potatoes occasionally while cooking to ensure even browning.

Remove the oven, and season with more salt, pepper, and rosemary if needed.  Transfer to a bowl, serve warm, and enjoy this tasty side dish!

 
For more delicious potato dishes from other bloggers, check out the links below:
 
 


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Oh, boy, these would be a huge hit at my house. I usually end up frying my potatoes...but I need to start roasting them again now that winter has arrived. Rosemary and garlic are the perfect additons...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!! Potatoes... my ultimate comfort food. I think I could eat them every meal and never tire of them. Well... I might take a day off now and again, but not for long. Love the roasting of these guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think i can eat potatoes in any shape of form...so, bring on the carbs! lol
    the addition of rosemary and garlic sounds like a nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete