daily meal

Monday, October 24, 2011

Pumpkin Waffles

I have been dying to make these babies all season long! Breakfast is my favorite meal and I always like to go all out on the weekends when I actually have time to make a decent meal! I have been pouring over pumpkin waffle recipes for some time now and I think I have finally found the perfect one.  This recipe comes from the Pumpkin Waffles Blog and it truly is the perfect seasonal breakfast.


  Pumpkin Waffles

Ingredients:
-1/4 cup light brown sugar
-3 tablespoons corn starch
-1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
-1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
-2 teaspoon ginger
-1/4 teaspoon cloves
-1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
-2 large eggs, separated
-1 cup whole milk
-1 cup canned pumpkin
-4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
*Please Note: I have made this recipe twice. The first time I made it word for word from this recipe and the second time, instead of using all of the spices, I just put in 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice and 1/4 teaspoon cloves.  Both recipes came out scrumptious! It just depends if you like more or less spice. 


Directions:
Turn on and heat up your waffle maker to desired setting.

In a bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and cornstarch.  Then, whisk in the flour, baking powder, salt, and spices.  Set aside.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks (save the egg whites), milk, and pumpkin.  Slowly pour in the butter and whisk continuously as you do so.  Set aside.

In a smaller bowl, beat your egg whites until stiff peaks form.

Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.  Gently fold in the egg whites until they are completely mixed in. Using a large serving spoon, scoop the batter onto the waffle iron (every waffle maker is different, but for mine I use about 1 - 1 1/2 cups worth of batter per waffle).  Cook per the manufacturer's instructions.  Most waffles take about 2 minutes and 30 seconds, but mine is a cheaper one and take a little longer.  You may have to play around with it a bit until you get the cooking time and temperature that work best.



Allow the waffles to cool for a couple of minutes on a wire rack and serve immediately or freeze for later use.  I like to serve my pumpkin waffles with butter, walnuts, and syrup! Enjoy!



For more delicious pumpkin recipes, check out these following posts on FN Dish as part of Food Network's fall fest!


What's Gaby Cooking: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
The Cultural Dish: Pumpkin Waffles
Cooking With Elise: Pumpkin Chip Scones
And Love It Too: Creamy Pumpkin Fruit Dip
CIA Dropout: Pumpkin Panna Cotta With Gingerbread
Haute Apple Pie Girls: Pumpkin Bread Parfait
I Am Mommy: Pumpkin Pancakes
Dishin and Dishes: Maple Pumpkin Creme Brulee
Virtually Homemade: Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins With Pumpkin Seed Streusel
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Pumpkin Pizza
Daydreamer Desserts: Pumpkin Fattigman
From My Corner of Saratoga: Baking Pie In The Pumpkin
FN Dish: The Ultimate Pumpkin Soup
Cooking Channel: Pumpkin Risotto
The Sensitive Epicure: Pumpkin Whoopie Pies With Molasses Marshmallows
Daily*Dishin: Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake
ZaikaZabardast: Pumpkin Jalebi
Mooshu Jenne: Pumpkin Nutella Bread
Big Girls Small Kitchen: Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Loaf


Pin It

32 comments:

  1. Wow, those look wonderful! I don't think I've ever had pumpkin waffles, but it seems like a must for the season :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well these look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look like the perfect fall breakfast!! Please send a few my way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never make waffles. Why don't I? I really should. I want a waffle maker that makes up about 4 at a time and my kitchen just can't handle any more appliances! These look awesome. I may have to pull out my single waffle maker to whip these up! By the way, you were in the top 5 for the pumpkin blog hop last week! I would love for you to link these up too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saturday will be me, this recipe and the waffle iron. Cannot wait...these look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow these look amazing!! I need to try this ASAP :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM!!! There is nothing about this I don't like, what a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound so great! I think this is a great reason to use my new waffle maker!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy yum! This is just my kinna breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These sound and look fantastic! I never have time to cook a big breakfast but my husband is out of town all week and these have dinner written all over them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very nice and love it so much, seems like you are so great in using pumpkins and coming up with fantastic outcome of recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Found this post over at Deelicious Sweets. And now I have to buy a waffle maker. Now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Movita - Thanks for stopping by! You'll have to let me know if you get your hands on a waffle maker! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pumpkin waffles? They look and sound amazing - and I'm adding the spice! Fabulous twist on the classic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely! While I've never had them before, I just KNOW they taste incredible :) Buzzed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmmmmm, this could become a new fall favorite! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum! We make waffles every weekend. These will be a delicious change of pace from our stand-by buttermilk wheat waffles. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Breakfast is my favorite meal too! And I got to say, this looks AMAZING! I love anything with pumpkin in it, I just need to buy a darn waffle maker already! Once I get one, this will be the first one I make! Thanks for a wonderful recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just made some cinnamon pumpkin waffles last week! I like your addition of walnuts...yum. A waffle maker is one of the best appliances I ever got!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Saw this on foodbuzz and it looks incredible. Loving the pumpkin for breakfast!!! Yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ok...now I want waffles for breakfast! I didnt even know pumpkin waffles existed..haha But I guess you can add pum[kin to anything! And I would like it "extra" spicy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ok, now you've done it...I'm going to buy a waffle iron..like, right this very second. That looks fantastic, I just got in from my workout and I am starving! lol! Thanks for the recipe and congratulations on the top 9. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this recipe so much I tweeted it and I am making them this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. how do you get a printer friendly copy ??

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a beautiful photograph -- I already know how to make pumpkin (and gingerbread) waffles, but the photo made me click on the post anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What size can of pumpkin did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's a 15 oz can but you only use one cup of it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. hey, I shared this post on my blog and linked back to you! really love this idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. they look really good! I can't wait for breakfast, I'll definetly make them

    ReplyDelete
  30. I burn pancakes all the time, so waffles are my breakfast treat of choice. Love the addition of pumpkin this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I made this recipe this morning- amazing! I've never had waffles turn out so perfectly: light, fresh flavor and smooth, fluffy texture. Only change was using fresh pumpkin instead of canned.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. These look delicious, and on top of that, they validate my belief that anything tasty and pumpkiny deserves to be eaten for breakfast. Hurray!

    ReplyDelete