daily meal

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bridal Shower Cakes

Good morning everyone! I just wanted to share a couple of recent bridal shower cakes that I made. I hope you enjoy!



This was a two-tiered bridal shower cake with vanilla and chocolate cake in a checkerboard pattern.  Unfortunately I could not get any photos of the checkerboard pattern since I had to drop off the cake.  The bottom tier was filled with chocolate ganache and the top tier was filled with buttercream. The whole cake was covered and decorated in fondant. 

I also made Lemon Drop Cookies and Raspberry Ribbons for the event. 

Bridal Shower Cake #2


This was a vanilla cake with raspberry sauce and chocolate ganache.  To make a simple chocolate ganache, just boil one cup of heavy cream and pour over 12 ounces of chocolate chips.  Add one tablespoon of butter and stir until the chocolate chips have melted and the ingredients are completely combined. 

If you want to check out more cake photos, you can become a fan of my page on Facebook. Thank you and enjoy! 

Pin It

20 comments:

  1. Wow! This is awesome! Beautiful work. I don't have the patience to work with fondant so I'm always impressed by those who do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! I am impressed girl! You did such a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty - I love the satin-y gloss from the dress. I'm sure the bride-to-be was delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not much of a cake decorator and am always impressed by people who can do this.
    One of my strangest cake decorating things is that my writing with a piping bag is better than handwriting with a pen. I guess it's a left brain right brain thing LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha really? That's too funny. I always get nervous when I have to write on a cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This cake looks beautiful! Love the dress on the front too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful! I love working with fondant, it is so much fun! I am sure the cake looked great on the inside too! And the fillings sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa...totally impressed. Beautiful cake, great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning - perfectly smooth and love the colours. Talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my what a lovely cake! I love the colors and the bow just finishes it so nicely. Quite a talented lady you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How stunning...and your description made my mouth water! Such talent!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very creative! I wish I could do this stuff..I haven't moved onto fondants yet

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! That is awesome!! I wish I could do that. :)

    ReplyDelete