daily meal

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Bahama Mama

Sadly I have returned from my cruise to the Bahamas and of course, the weather in New England has been just wonderful - rainy and overcast :(.  Thankfully I came back with a nice tan though!


It's going to take me a couple of days to get back into the swing of things (and back to the gym...), but before I start posting some Easter recipes, I wanted to share some photos from my trip.  I also want to let you all know that I finally tried Conch! And yes, when I say Conch, I mean I actually got to eat the meat from a Conch shell, which until recently, I did not even know that Conch shells had meat! It was absolutely delicious though and I really wish we could get it more around here.

Hope you enjoy my photos and I'll post again soon with some Italian Easter favorites!
The photo on the left is a mix of Pina Colada and the Hurricane.  The drinks on the right are a Miami Vice (Strawberry and Pina Colada) and Mango Swirl (Mango Daiquiri and Pina Colada)

Each day there was a different drink special served in a cute cup... I love coconuts so I had to buy this one!

Kalik - The beer of the Bahamas! In case you have yet to figure it out, we drank a lot on this trip...


View from my chair... I miss lying out in the sun! 

Pool/deck area of the ship

Each night there was a different towel surprise waiting for us... they were so cute! I forgot to get a picture of the first night, which was a seal. 

There were a ton of these guys running around Freeport! 

Front view of Atlantis resort from our snorkeling trip on the catamaran

I love snorkeling... And there was even unlimited complimentary rum punch on this trip!

It's hard to see in these photos, but this guy prepared a Conch salad in front of us! 

Pulling out the Conch meat!

The Conch salad was delicious!

Conch Fritters - reminded me of fried clams

Being a New Englander I was very excited to see a Dunkin Donuts in the Bahamas... :)

Warm chocolate melting cake... what I ate for dessert every night!


Dave and I at sunset and in front of the moon... Such a beautiful sight! And the sunset is cool too... ;) 
Beautiful full moon!

As you can all see, we drank and ate A LOT! It's very depressing to have to start dieting and working out again :( Hope you enjoyed my photos!


Pin It

9 comments:

  1. What a fabulous trip! Sun, great food and drink...and your sweetie by your side. Who could ask for more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fabulous time! Sorry you had to come back to clouds :(. At least you have a tan... I look like Casper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had such an amazing time! Well done eating Conch (and you know its like 'i'm gonna konk you over the head.') I'll have to try and dig up a conch fritter recipe for you. In Cayman, they're more like hush puppies. Soooo good. They're great in ceviche too :)

    Love the little towel critters! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a wonderful trip! Thanks for sharing your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, Dunkin is totally taking over the world. Looks like you had an awesome time - and got a bit of a tan. Glad you had a great vacay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photographs and some amazing dishes you had there :) you making me super J now :D :D
    PS : LOL on the towels !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did enjoy your photos!!! What a wonderful time you had. We are headed to Atlantis in 116 days (but who's counting???!!!). We were there once before and I tried the conch fritter and they were darn good. And I'm also looking forward to renewing my acquaintance with Kalik!! Thanks so much for posting, I love travel pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing adventure! It looks like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love cruising and it looks like you had a great time but New England....blech!! LOL I was born and raised in Massachusetts and I remember those endless, gloomy days. My hubby, daughter and I moved to South Florida 7-1/2 years ago and haven't looked back...we LOVE the Florida sunshine!! :))

    ReplyDelete